Hittle House LLC is a children’s residential center that provides therapeutic and educational services to adolescent boys that suffer from all forms of trauma. This small and specialized residential care facility serves children from 8 to 17 years of age. Our services are safe and secure, providing placement agencies with a highly qualified and structured team approach to care.
Hittle House is committed to providing Ohio with trauma-focused, gender-specific, professional care in behavioral and educational services for adolescents. This is accomplished by promoting the behavioral, spiritual, mental, and interpersonal growth of each child in a safe and secure environment with programs that emphasize healthy and appropriate sexual health.
Family involvement is a critical component of the therapeutic program at Hittle House. We provide family education and support groups, family therapy, and weekly visitation. We also have transportation assistance program.
What We Offer
Our therapeutic services utilize trauma-focused cognitive-behavioral therapy and strengths/needs-based practices.
- Individual Therapy (minimum of 2 sessions per week)
- Group Therapy Daily
- Life Skills Groups and Assessments
- Family Therapy
- Aggression Replacement Therapy
- Psycho-Educational Groups
- Robust Physical Education/Wellness Programming
- On-Site Educational Services
- Clinical Polygraph Testing
- Affinity Assessments (visual reaction time)
- Psychiatric/Medication Management On-Site with a Registered Nurse, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, and Psychiatrist
- Community Service
- Creative Arts/Music and Martial Arts Therapy
- Daily Yoga/Relaxation classes
- Registered Nurse on Staff
- Parent Support/Education Groups with Family Dinner Provided Monthly
- Relapse Prevention Plan
- Four (4) In-House Licensed Social Workers with a Ratio of 10:1
- Trauma-Informed Model Across the Milieu
On-site education is provided by Hittle House and Westwood Preparatory Academy. Highly Qualified Teachers (HQT) provide hands-on, differentiated instruction in English, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. WPA offers an on-site Director/Principal, a Special Education Coordinator, an Intervention Specialist, a Career Technical Education Program, a Transition Coach, Speech and Occupational Therapy Services, and a Martial Arts Program.
Please visit the following website for additional information.
Get in Touch
For more details, feel free to reach us through our online contact form. You may also call us at 614-443-5454.