Direct Care Worker
Direct Care Workers provide care, supervision and support for youth in a residential setting. Residential care workers may perform the following tasks:
- Assist in planning and implementing programs of supervision and care for those in residential care
- Provide support with daily living tasks such as washing, dressing, eating, transport, budgeting, and health issues.
- Supervise and arrange activities (with permission) to enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of those in residential
- Ensure that those in residential care are adequately washed, dressed, fed and ready for treatment, educational and recreational activities.
- Supervise those in residential care during domestic activities such as eating meals and showering and provide supervision during the nighttime hours to ensure
that all residents are kept safe
- Provide appropriate role modeling and support during daily activities for youth in the residential setting
- Cook and serve meals (weekend only) assist in helping youth clean premises, wash, and perform various household tasks
- Organize refuse accommodation (trash collection) and chores
- Patience, flexibility, and understanding
- Supportive and caring nature
- Able to accept responsibility
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Able to cope with physical demands of the job
- No criminal history
- 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree highly desired, but not required
- Coaching/athletic experience preferred
No prior experience is required. Hittle House is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay is dependent on qualifications, job duties, and performance reviews.
Please forward all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.